[myproxy-announce] OAuth for MyProxy v1.0

Basney, Jim jbasney at illinois.edu
Wed Feb 1 16:38:16 CST 2012

Hello,

I'm pleased to announce that OAuth for MyProxy v1.0 is now available at <http://www.sciencegatewaysecurity.org/oauth-for-myproxy>. OAuth for MyProxy provides an OAuth-compliant REST web interface to the MyProxy service for issuing user certificates to science gateways. It eliminates the need for users to disclose their MyProxy passwords to science gateways. Instead, gateway users authenticate to their MyProxy server’s OAuth web interface to approve issuance of a certificate by MyProxy to the science gateway.

Please join our discuss at sciencegatewaysecurity.org mailing list to discuss OAuth for MyProxy and other science gateway security topics. To join, send email to discuss+subscribe at sciencegatewaysecurity.org or visit <https://groups.google.com/a/sciencegatewaysecurity.org/group/discuss/subscribe>. To browse the discussion, visit <https://groups.google.com/a/sciencegatewaysecurity.org/group/discuss>.

We are very interested in your input on this initial OAuth for MyProxy release. While we've been using OAuth for MyProxy at cilogon.org and xsede.org for a while now, this is our first release for general use, and it's a work in progress. Please help us identify ways we can make it better.

Regards,
Jim