[gtmanuals-commit] CVS update: MODIFIED: gridftp
commit at globus.org
Mon Feb 14 15:02:04 CST 2011
Date: 11/02/14 15:02:04
503 doc update
Revision Changes Path
1.3 +22 -12 alliance/toolkit/docs/5.0/5.0.3/data/gridftp/GridFTP_Feature_Summary_Frag.xml
(In the diff below, changes in quantity of whitespace are not shown.)
RCS file: /home/globdev/CVS/alliance-web/alliance/toolkit/docs/5.0/5.0.3/data/gridftp/GridFTP_Feature_Summary_Frag.xml,v
retrieving revision 1.2
retrieving revision 1.3
diff -u -b -r1.2 -r1.3
--- GridFTP_Feature_Summary_Frag.xml 31 Jan 2011 22:27:04 -0000 1.2
+++ GridFTP_Feature_Summary_Frag.xml 14 Feb 2011 21:02:04 -0000 1.3
@@ -12,18 +12,28 @@
<simpara>Restrict access to a specific path. </simpara>
- <simpara><olink targetdoc="gridftpUser" targetptr="globus-url-copy-reliability">New globus-url-copy option </olink> that will glob/recurse/sync-check and
- dump the list of files to be transferred into a file:</simpara>
- <simpara>All files that would be transferred are enumerated and dumped to the specified file. Resulting file is the same format as the -f input file.
- Note: It performs no write operations on the destination. If you intend to use this file as input for a future transfer,
- the -create-dest option will be required if any destination
- directories do not already exist. </simpara>
+ <simpara><olink targetdoc="gridftpUser"
+ targetptr="globus-url-copy-reliability">New Data Channel Security Context
+ (DCSC) command</olink>
+ The current DCAU protocol uses an SSL context that contains the logged in
+ user's credential. If two servers have different user credentials and do
+ not have each others' CA certificates, a client can not perform a secure
+ 3rd party transfer between them. If one of the servers supports DCSC,
+ a client can tell it to both send and accept the user credential used by
+ the other server, thus enabling DCAU where it previously was not possible.
+ If both servers support DCSC, clients that desire higher security may
+ specify a random, self signed certificate as the DCAU context.
- <simpara>New capability to put the server in <olink
- targetptr="gridftp-server-config_options-security"> offline mode </olink></simpara>
- <simpara>All new connections can be disabled and custom message can be configured to display to clients. </simpara>
+ <simpara>Command strings for '-disable-command-list' option in server can
+ take arguments
+ For eg. -disable-command-list 'DCAU N' or -disable-command-list 'MODE E'
+ or -disable-command-list 'DCAU N', 'MODE E' can be done.
<para>Features that continue to be supported from previous versions <itemizedlist>
More information about the gtmanuals-commit